Site Visits

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Welcome to Author Tom Robinson's Blog!

1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, .... ?


Welcome to my author blog! This is my first entry and tonight I am celebrating the signing of my latest contract. 

Coming soon to a bookstore near you : Fibonacci Zoo, from Arbordale Publishing.

In this blog, I will be discussing the MANY different examples and applications of Fibonacci numbers, a little of the history behind the sequence, and even a little bit about Fibonacci himself. 

The Fibonacci numbers are made according to a very simple rule. Start with the numbers 1 and 1 (some versions start with 0, but my book will begin with 1, because a zoo with zero animals in it just isn't that interesting!) and then form the next number by ADDING up the two previous numbers. 

So after 1 and 1, the next number will be 1+1 =2. After that, 1+2 = 3, 2+3 = 5, and so on!

Over the next several months, I will be posting examples for YOU to see Fibonacci numbers in action. You will find them in the fields of botany, zoology and marine biology, and in the careers of graphics, design, and architecture. 

For now, however, I want to simply say a big thank you to Katie Hall,  my editor at Sylvan Dell, and to encourage you to check out my other books currently for sale:

Everything Kids Science Experiments Book - #61 on Amazon's Best Seller List, as of December 7, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment