Site Visits

Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Most Unusual Finding in Fibonacci - Video (9:48)

As much as I wish this was my own work, I can't claim to have even known about this phenomenon until I watched this video. If you are really into Fibonacci by now, then this is the video for you to watch! But if you consider yourself more of a casual fan of the sequence, this is still going to blow you away.

This video was produced in the UK, and is one of a vast collection of interesting mathematical tidbits. One click and you might be hooked. This one stands out to me because it talks about the Fibonacci sequence itself, and some of the hidden wonders inside it. We will spend a great deal of time in the coming weeks and months exploring places where Fibonacci numbers can be found, but I thought I would take a brief side-trip and let you look at Fibonacci numbers that lie...inside the Fibonacci sequence.

I would love to hear your thoughts or comments about this video. Maybe it will spark something in you. Maybe it will be too much for you at this part of your journey, and that's alright. But at the very least, I hope you find it entertaining and informative. And if it causes you to seek these folks' other videos, be sure to watch the one on McDonald's and the impossible quest to purchase exactly 43 Chicken McNuggets.


No comments:

Post a Comment